Fårö Lighthouse

In 1882, the beet oil lamps were replaced with kerosene lamps with wicks. In 1907, the kerosene lamp was replaced by a Lux light – a lighthouse light with a kerosene gas burner equipped with one or more glow nets, developed by a Swedish company in 1901-1902.
In 1948-1949 the light was switched to electric light and in 1957 a circular radio beacon was installed. In 1976 the lighthouse was automated and from the following year it has been unmanned.