Fårö lighthouse was built in 1846-1847. A round approximately 30 meter high stone tower with lantern and mirror device. The lighthouse was designed by J T Byström and C Sandell. The lighthouse’s twelve lamps with parabolic mirrors are attached three on each side of a circumventing square stand, whose orbital period is eight minutes, during which the lighthouse shows four strong lights, each of about half a minutes duration, with a dark intervals of about one and a half minutes.
Between SW and NW, the lighthouse is obscured by the forest on Fårö. Southwest of the tower is the lighthouse service red-painted dwelling house.
A few kilometers to the west of the lighthouse, in the so-called Eikeviken, a lifeboat is stationed.