Once upon a time there was a man named Ferdinand Pettersson born at Djaupur 1875.
His father was a Miller named Johan Pettersson, mother was Anna, born Andersson.
As a kid, Ferdinand, called himself Nanten because of he couldn´t pronounce Ferdinand.
Ferdinand used to help the mill owner Kristoffer Johansson, in his mill at Butleks.
The mill is from the late 1800´s and ”Nanten”, bought it in 1900.
”Nanten” ground both flour for bread and coarse to the animals. The mill was in use until the end of 1935 when Nanten fell ill with pulmonary tuberculosis. He died in 1938 at St. Olaf’s hospital in Visby.
Ferdinand din not have any relatives so when he died, in pulmonary tuberculosis, the mill was handed over to the general inheritage fund.
The residents of Fårö then formed ”Fårö Hembygsförening” 1942 and bought the mill.
The mill was restored up to 1974. Because of cause of death and risk of infection ”Nantens” cottage was burned down. ”Fårö Hembygdsförening” let rebuild the cottage.
Welcome in and see how Ferdinand ”Nanten” Pettersson lived.