Faro Church is one of the few medieval churches that has been rebuilt so much that it’s no longer has a medieval character.
The church is from 1324 but there probably was a church from the 1100s at the same place where today’s church is located.
The church has been restored several times and began to replace the scepter in the 1700s and was also increased tower. In 1761 they took some windows out, on the north side and in the same year the church was adorned with paintings by Magnus Moller. The left remains of the paintings are the ones on the pulpit and benches- ceiling frescoes were lost in the construction of the transept.
The chancel was previously both lower and narrower, but they tore the 1770s. 90 years later the transept was built. In the transept there are altar from 1709 and the altar of sandstone crowned by Charles XI’s name ciphers. To the left hangs a processional cross from the 1300s and the baptismal font in limestone is from the same time.